Friday, March 13, 2009

Progress updates

Earlier this week, I approved cover proofs for the re-release of Cobalt City Blues and the prequel, Chanson Noir. They look a little sharper than I was expecting, but the design is uniform across both those two, and the third, as-of-yet-unwritten final chapter. So that much is deeply satisfying. After delays with the photographer, having to find a replacement photographer, and sudden schedule madness on my designer's part, it is finally coming together. The last part has now been handed off to him -- the cover blurb for Requiem of Ash, the third and final chapter. True, it isn't written. Heck, it isn't even outlined yet. But I have a strong idea what happens, and everything else is details. That's more than enough for a cover blurb.

If all goes well, I should have copies of the books in my hand by Easter. Happy birthday, Jesus!

In other news, I'm burning through the first draft of my Ink novel like Sherman through Atlanta...but in a positive way. So, like me through a box of Girl Scout cookies. I'm on chapter 7 now, and about 15,000 words in. With my estimated word count, that's about 20% done, which is nice. I hope to be finished with this draft sometime in late April.

Finally, I have picked up my mystery novel, Death Plays an Accordion, from November. Using the soundtrack I mixed for it as a timer, I started a second pass on it last night. If I make the same kind of process every time I settle in for a 72 minute edit/rewrite jamboree, it should take only 9 more listens. One more chapter polished, and I'll put together a cover letter/query and synopsis and start sending it out to agents. Expect updates soon. :)

And now, back to Ink Calls to Ink!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: