Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Work on new projects begins

2009 is shaping up to be a busy year for me.

First on the list is The Panda Sanction, which I started the first chapter of last night. This will be the third in the de la Vega Mysteries series. While the first was pulp, the second was 70's exploitation, this will be a spy thriller of a sort. And Snowflake, the fan favorite sidekick, takes center stage as his origin is explored against a backdrop of international intrigue. I have two months blocked out to write the first draft, with time in March to finish up if needed.

In the meantime, The Protectorate Trilogy is moving forward. Chanson Noir has been edited and Cobalt City Blues should have the last of the edits applied by the end of the week. The necessary photography has been done, and the covers are in the hands of a very talented artist for assembly. I will be laying out the two books with help from someone who knows what they're doing, so they will look better than any book I've produced before. The ultimate goal -- releasing the first two books in the series two weeks before The Watchmen is set to release, when people are in the mood for some super-hero goodness.

Norwescon is here in Seattle on April 9-12th, and I will be attending with a cadre of fellow writers. When the madness from that dies down, I plan to start Tunnel, the second book in the Shadows of Architecture series, of which Bridge was the first. While this is happening, I plan on hunting for agents to represent the de la Vega Mysteries and the Shadow's trilogy to mainstream publishers. With any luck, I can have these projects tied up by June.

All in all, it's going to be an exciting five months. I'll keep you updated here, as always.

No comments: